Saturday 22 December 2012

My 2nd Great Grandparents


Thomas Staniforth
Eliza (nee Hutchinson)

Because I don’t have much information on the above I’m going to tell you about their whole family, which as you will see isn’t much.

Thomas was born about 1840. On 4 October 1864 Thomas’ occupation was Bricklayer (Journeyman). In 1886 Thomas’ occupation was a Stone Mason. Thomas died before 1887. (It says on Elijah’s marriage certificate that his father is deceased.)

Eliza was born about 1840.

Thomas and Eliza had two children (as far as I know)
Elijah (my great grandfather)

Minnie was born about 1865. Minnie around 1909 married William Humphrey.

Minnie and William had a child

Clarence Gilbert was born in October 1909 at Sileby, Leicestershire, England. On 3 April 1911 Clarence Gilbert lived with Elijah and his family, (I have been told that Clarence got left on my great grandparents doorstep). Clarence Gilbert married Millicent Audrey (nee Moss) in 1934. Clarence Gilbert died on 21 June 1944 at Burma, he has no known grave; his name is on the Rangoon Memorial.











All information was found on www.ancestry.co.uk, family members, twgpp.org & certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment